Farmer’s Market and a Taste of Ramsey
In September the Ramsey Historical Association held a Farmer’s Market at the Ramsey Train station along with the Taste of Ramsey event where Ramsey Woman’s Club members dished out complementary strawberry shortcake.
Over a dozen vendors participated with a little bit of everything from hot sauce and flowers, to herbs and honey. Our own Nancy Boone did a great job in organizing this event which included live music. “While this was done as part of the Ramsey Centennial Celebration, we hope to make this and annual event” says Boone.
The strawberry festival is an appropriate event for Ramsey as in the mid 1800’s the average farm in the Ramsey area had over 3 acres of strawberries planted every season. In 1851 one million crates of the berries were shipped to New York City from Ramsey over the Erie Railroad.
Possibly Related Posts:
- Video: Ramsey Farmer’s Indoor Market
- Ramsey Farmers Market Moves Indoors For The Winter
- The Ramsey Farmers Market Proudly Announces Its Third Season!
- Ramsey Farmer’s Winter Market
- Ramsey Farmer’s Market 2011 (Video)